Turning your basement into a bar or building a bar top in general is an easy process. We offer step by step instructions on building a bar top and adding epoxy to it in order to obtain a look like the picture above. You can also try different and unique designs in order to give you epoxy the appeal you want. You can also add in logos.
Buildings Your BarTop
You will need the following items:
This will take about 4-6 hours your first time, longer if you have issues.
See our purchase page to determine what size kit you will need.
See instruction page for the complete epoxy process. This page will explain specialized bar top processes.
Epoxy Penny Counter Top
- We suggest that you use a dark color for the background of your penny counter top.
- Now you will to measure the amount of epoxy you will need. Add about 10 oz of mixed resin and hardener per sqft. assuming 1/8 of an inch. Call if you need assistance in measuring. Click here to look at our kits
- Create an edge, you can use anything from wood to duck tape but it needs to be water tight. You can also spray polyurthane to have the pennies stick and not use an edge since our epoxy is thick. The safest method is to do both.
- Lay out your pennies and remeber that you can make designs using light and dark colored pennies.
- Use Metal shears to trim the pennies for the edges but your metal shears will probably be destroyed after
- Now just mixing your epoxy, lay it and torch it. See our full instruction video for the full process